Sudan invites tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation challenge

The government of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to help within the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The project includes set up of 1,one hundred seventy photo voltaic irrigation pumps within the nation. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision services, design of photo voltaic water pumping techniques, in accordance with the requirements of each farm.
The corporations will also present assistance to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the installation and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. ตัววัดแรงดันน้ำ may even support the challenge implementation unit via technical and monetary supervision to ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specifications. The consultants may even take part within the construction activities and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping systems
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps might be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is generally skilled because of the arid local weather and local weather change, with a negative impact on agricultural yields, in accordance with the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new equipment might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the challenge goals to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are dangerous to human well being and the environment. Interested corporations have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation challenge is 75% financed by a $21.7 million mortgage from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment indicates that the installation of the solar pumps shall be accomplished by December 31st, 2025.

Scroll to Top